There is infertility health insurance coverage you should be aware of and not miss out on because having an infertility treatment is a very hard, stressful, and draining experience for any couple who is faced with it. In fact, many health insurance companies do not have infertility health insurance coverage at all.
If your health insurance denies your claim to infertility treatment, you should take the following steps immediately:
* Check the state mandate and make sure that the state you live in has mandates for infertility insurance coverage.
* Read your insurance contract carefully. The majority of people get their insurance through their employer who does not give the contract to the employee but just a summary of it. If you are in a similar situation, get your insurance contract copy as soon as possible. Your employer is required by law to provide you with a copy.
* In general if the fertility health insurance coverage is not mentioned, the insurance company is liable to pay you for infertility treatment. So you must read your contract carefully to make sure if such a clause is included or not.
* If there is a clause in the contract which stipulates such exclusion, you must see if it excludes treatment only or diagnosis as well as the insurance company can only deny what they have stipulated in the contract and nothing else besides it.
Here are a few reasons why in the past infertility health insurance coverage has been denied:
* Infertility is not an illness * Treatment of infertility does not require medical treatment * Treatment of infertility is experimental and it may never get any results thus being a never ending process.
Even if through proper guidance you think you will be able to follow yourself through all these claims and appeals, I suggest you get a lawyer on your side once you get to appeal a denied claim.
It is a stressful process which a lawyer can handle better since he/she is not directly or personally involved. Infertility health insurance coverage can be acquired with proper knowledge of the law and how it is applied.
Infertility health insurance coverage is rightfully yours to demand and receive. Insurance companies can sometimes be tricky in the way they manipulate words and laws, therefore getting a lawyer on your side will safe you a lot of time and stress which you already have a lot on your hands.